Bellevue Prairie Trail is a 7km, out-and-back trail in Waterton Lakes National Park, Alberta, on the Waterton Front, that takes you through the grasslands towards the Park's Bison Paddock.
- Bar U Ranch National Historic Site of Canada | Alberta, Canada
- Bellevue Prairie Hiking Trail | Waterton Lakes National Park, Alberta
- Waterton Lakes National Park, Alberta
- Harvest & Heavy Horse Weekend / Récolte et fin de semaine de chevaux lourds | Longview, Alberta
- Old Time Ranch Rodeo / Rodéo d'antan | Longview, Alberta
Trail Vertical Gain or LossGain of 1384 m
Highlights and Best Features of this Trail
A prairie walk below Bellevue Hill with spectacular spring and summer wildflowers. A great way to experience where the mountains and prairie meet.
Full Description of this Recreation Trail
Easy trails are suitable for all visitors including those with little or no trail experience. These trails have a hard surface with few or no obstacles and are generally flat.
Activities Available: Hiking and Cycling
Obstacles: Few or no obstacles, no stairs or minimal use of stairs
Profile: Flat to gently rolling terrain
Trail Distance7 km
Type of Trail ExperienceOut-and-Back
Estimated Time it Takes to Experience this Trail1.5-2 hours
Driving Directions from Nearest Town or Landmark
Park at the Red Rock base/Pass Creek Day Use Area and travel up the Red Rock Parkway for 3km until the Bellevue Prairie trailhead.