Chinook Provincial Recreation Area Campground is a popular, family-oriented summer campground on the shore of Chinook Lake that offers plenty of recreational opportunities. The off-season offers excellent hiking and mountain biking on the cross-country ski trails.
- Arlee Pow wow and Fourth of July Celebration | Arlee, Montana
- Head-Smashed-In Buffalo Jump, World Heritage Site | Fort Macleod, Alberta
- Lewis & Clark Festival | Great Falls, Montana
- The Nature Conservancy of Canada's Waterton Park Front | Alberta, Canada
- International Peace Pow Wow | Lethbridge, Alberta
Number of Camp Sites95
Wood sales, on site host, well water.
Fishing for stocked trout, small beach area with unsupervised swimming, boat ramp for non propeller boats, x-country ski trail system (35km) located at the campground offers mountain bike and hiking trails with no motorized vehicles allowed, maps are available and all junctions are identified. Walking Trail around the lake.
Nightly Fee$23.00 per night. May 6 - October 15.
Maximum Length of Stay Allowed16 days
Driving Directions from Nearest Town or Landmark
Drive west on Provincial Hwy 3 from Coleman, Alberta and turn right on Allison Creek Road and continue 8 km (5 mi). Follow signage.