Lace up your boots and explore this backcountry wilderness woven with 700 miles (1,100 kilometers) of hiking trails. While just a few glaciers remain, the park’s majestic landscape is the product of massive ice sheets sculpting ancient sea beds into rugged mountains and emerald valleys starting two million years ago.
Latitude: 48.661945 Longitude: -113.788147 Elevation: 4072 ft
the best travel advice comes from the people who live here
- Arlee Pow wow and Fourth of July Celebration | Arlee, Montana
- Head-Smashed-In Buffalo Jump, World Heritage Site | Fort Macleod, Alberta
- Lewis & Clark Festival | Great Falls, Montana
- The Nature Conservancy of Canada's Waterton Park Front | Alberta, Canada
- International Peace Pow Wow | Lethbridge, Alberta