Located in one of the largest Municipal Parks in the country (800 hectares), the Nordic Centre serves as the hub of cross country skiing on North Star Mountain. The club hosts a 33 km first-class trail network consisting of a variety of snowcat groomed trails complete with double track, single track and a centre skating lane.
Latitude: 49.682424 Longitude: -116.007233 Elevation: 4289 ft
the best travel advice comes from the people who live here
- North Star Rails to Trails- Part of the Trans Canada Trail Network | Kimberley & Cranbrook, British Columbia, Canada
- Twin Butte Restaurant and General Store | Twin Butte, Alberta
- Town of Stavely | Alberta, Canada
- Kimberley Nordic Centre | Kimberley, British Columbia
- Explore Historic Cranbrook | British Columbia, Canada
- Night skiing until 10 PM every night all winter long. A wide variety of trails ranging from easy to advanced with hills up to 100 meters in length.
- The facility includes a 1,200 sq ft lodge with washrooms, a 3.3 km lit loop for night skiing and a warming / waxing hut.
Best Access and Parking Area
Drive up Gerry Sorensen Way, past Kimberley Alpine Resort and continue until the road becomes North Star Drive. The Nordic Club is at the end of North Star Drive.