Ragged peaks jut 7,000 feet (2,134 meters) above valley floors in adjoining wilderness areas managed by the Forest Service and Confederated Salish and Kootenai Tribes. Portions of the tribal wilderness are closed to humans when grizzlies congregate to feed on alpine insects. You can find access permits at stores on the Flathead Reservation.
Latitude: 47.494937897 Longitude: -113.939208984 Elevation: 7914 ft
the best travel advice comes from the people who live here
- Arlee Pow wow and Fourth of July Celebration | Arlee, Montana
- Head-Smashed-In Buffalo Jump, World Heritage Site | Fort Macleod, Alberta
- Lewis & Clark Festival | Great Falls, Montana
- The Nature Conservancy of Canada's Waterton Park Front | Alberta, Canada
- International Peace Pow Wow | Lethbridge, Alberta