Popular fishing, power boating, paddling and swimming. Well-situated as a staging area for visiting southwestern Alberta. Nice campground in the aspen, near Payne Lake. Close to Waterton Lakes National Park and Police Outpost Provincial Park.
- West Castle Wetlands Weed Pull 2018 | Alberta, Canada
- Writing-on-Stone Provincial Park / Áísínai’pi National Historic Site | Alberta, Canada
- Police Outpost Provincial Park | Alberta, Canada
- Payne Lake Provincial Recreation Area | Alberta, Canada
- Oldman River Valley Wilderness Park | Fort Macleod, Alberta
Number of Camp Sites30
Basic camping, 46 sites, day use picnic tables, pit toilets, boat launch, firewood available for sale, pier.
Notes: Water is available from a hand pump at this site. Although Alberta Parks strives to maintain water quality, we recommend that you bring your own drinking water
Nightly Feevisit www.albertaparks.ca for current fees
Maximum Length of Stay Allowed14 days
Driving Directions from Nearest Town or Landmark
25 km west of Cardston on Hwy. 5 or 18 km east of Waterton Lakes National Park